Job Openings Available
The Skagit Habitat for Humanity Store is currently looking for one part-time truck driver and one full-time warehouse/driver assistant. Any candidate that would like to apply should be energetic, friendly and have a positive attitude. The ability to move up to 100 lbs, a clean driving record and capability to pass a background check are a must. Candidates will be working on our 14′ box van, picking up donations, dropping off purchased items or assisting in the warehouse and Store. A job application can be found HERE. Please bring your completed application and resume to the Store located at:1022 Riverside Drive, Mount Vernon
Job Description – Driver (Part-time)
Objective: To provide friendly, convenient, professional pickup and drop off service to donors and customers of the Skagit Habitat for Humanity Store.
Supervisor: Store Manager
Pay: $13.00 per hour
– One position available
– Part-time Driver – Tuesday 10am-6pm, Thursday 10am-6pm, Saturday 9am-2pm
Responsibilities/Duties: Part-time Driver
1. Drive Habitat truck to pick-up or drop off product while keeping safety a priority.
2. While at pick-up site, inspect and evaluate the condition of the donated items for sale, distinguishing between possible resale and not-resalable. Provide the donor an alternate disposal method if necessary.
3. Contact Store Manager when item is in question for decision about pick-up.
4. Inspect truck for operable condition, i.e. inflated tires, operation during driving, whether leaking fluids, broken items. Schedule recommended service.
5. Inform supervisor of good and not-so-good experiences with either the truck, or pick up.
6. Keep to the pickup/drop off schedule.
1. Have interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with customers
2. Ability to pass background checks.
3. Have a valid Washington State driver’s license without any limitations listed.
4. Minimum of 2 months driving 14′ box van or larger vehicle.
5. Must be able to lift 50-100 pounds on a frequent basis
6. The ability to read signs and maps; and, use the telephone
7. Must speak, read and write English effectively.
8. Ability to work in a chaotic, fast-paced environment.
Tuesday through Saturday
10 am to 6 pm
Donations accepted only during business hours before 5:30 pm.
Please click the buttons below to shop
from some of our newest items!
10% off all purchases for seniors!
10% off all purchases for active and retired military!
Would you like to donate to the Skagit Habitat Store?
Scheduling a donation pickup is easy! Just click the link below!
All donations, financial and other, are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by the laws.
If you have any questions regarding these laws, please meet with your financial or tax advisor for more information.