Store Hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 6 pm Donations accepted only during business hours, before 5:30 pm.
Scheduling a donation pickup is easy, just click the link below!
See the ‘list of items’ we can and cannot accept at this time…
SHOP NOW! Please click the buttons below to
see some of our items, available on Craigslist.
Job Openings Available
The Skagit Habitat for Humanity Store is currently looking for one part-time truck driver and one full-time warehouse/driver assistant. Any candidate that would like to apply should be energetic, friendly and have a positive attitude. The ability to move up to 100 lbs, a clean driving record and capability to pass a background check are a must. Candidates will be working on our 14′ box van, picking up donations, dropping off purchased items or assisting in the warehouse and Store. A job application can be found HERE. Please bring your completed application and resume to the Store located at:1022 Riverside Drive, Mount Vernon
Job Description – Driver (Part-time)
Objective: To provide friendly, convenient, professional pickup and drop off service to donors and customers of the Skagit Habitat for Humanity Store.
Supervisor: Store Manager
Pay: $13.00 per hour
– One position available
– Part-time Driver – Tuesday 10am-6pm, Thursday 10am-6pm, Saturday 9am-2pm
Responsibilities/Duties: Part-time Driver
1. Drive Habitat truck to pick-up or drop off product while keeping safety a priority.
2. While at pick-up site, inspect and evaluate the condition of the donated items for sale, distinguishing between possible resale and not-resalable. Provide the donor an alternate disposal method if necessary.
3. Contact Store Manager when item is in question for decision about pick-up.
4. Inspect truck for operable condition, i.e. inflated tires, operation during driving, whether leaking fluids, broken items. Schedule recommended service.
5. Inform supervisor of good and not-so-good experiences with either the truck, or pick up.
6. Keep to the pickup/drop off schedule.
1. Have interpersonal communication skills to interact effectively with customers
2. Ability to pass background checks.
3. Have a valid Washington State driver’s license without any limitations listed.
4. Minimum of 2 months driving 14′ box van or larger vehicle.
5. Must be able to lift 50-100 pounds on a frequent basis
6. The ability to read signs and maps; and, use the telephone
7. Must speak, read and write English effectively.
8. Ability to work in a chaotic, fast-paced environment.